Sunday, October 30, 2016

Reverend Khrystus Answers Email About Church Tithing

30 year old Reverend Khrystus V. K. Wallace, Founder and President of Dare 2 Be Different International - www.daretobedifferentskn.com since 1st June, 2008



I just received an email and let me respond publicly. Greetings in the name of Jesus! I follow your blogs because I like the way God has raised you up to guide young people on the straight and narrow way. Your scriptural devotionals do serve as a source of encouragement. I need to ask you a question about tithes and offerings. Does a christian have to give 10% and offerings of their earnings or freely give as scripture mention in Corinthians? Please email me with some answers and scriptural references. 

MY RESPONSE: Freely Give is referenced in Matthew 10:8 and it doesn't relate to tithes and offering. 2 Corinthians 9:7 talks about God loving a cheerful giver. Over the centuries of the existence of church, it has always been a religious practice to give 10% of your earnings to support the upkeep of Gods work. 

Tithes was established for the Levite's (Numbers 18:21) The Levite's served a special function in Israel. They ministered before God as Israel's Priests. The Levites didn't share in the other tribes inheritance. The Lord was their portion and inheritance. Other references: Leviticus 27:30 , Luke 11:42, 2 Corinthians 9:7, Malachi 3:10. 

I must be truthful here and say that in Bible days, much of the tithes wasn't money. If a fisherman caught 100 lbs of fish, he would take 10 lbs for the pastor. So with vegetables etc. Pastors don't teach that part though but that is scriptural and at Dare 2 Be Different International, since our youths dont pay tithes as yet, we accept any type of donation. 

In closing, if you want to see God bless you big, give and support your ministry from the heart and not grudgingly and watch God do wonders. My love for children and giving and supporting them has caused me to be successful in everything I put my hands to. Rev. Khrystus - www.daretobedifferentskn.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment